From Schiphol Airport to Delft
- By train: Schiphol Train Station is located directly below the airport. The direct trains from Schiphol to Delft depart every half an hour and take about 40 minutes. You could buy an e-ticket online or buy a single-use smart card from the NS (Netherlands railway) service counter or a NS ticket machine, both located in the arrival hall. An anonymous OV-chipkaart is a convenient option for multiple travel with the public transportation (train, bus, tram, metro, etc). Time table and travel fee by NS.
- By taxi: A taxi stand is located directly outside the arrival hall at Schiphol Airport. A one-way trip to Delft costs about €60.
From Delft train station to the conference venue
The conference venue is located on the TU Delft Campus.
- On foot: It is a 25-minute walk from the train station to the conference venue (map).
- By bike: It is a 10-minute bike ride from the train station to the conference venue (map).
- By bus: The bus terminal is just outside the train station. Bus 40, and 69 will take you to the conference venue ‘Aula TU Delft’.
- By taxi: The taxicab stand is next to the bus terminal.
Public transportation in the Netherlands
The whole country is well connected with public transportation. It is very convenient to travel by train from Delft to other cities such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht. Moreover, the Dutch railway system is the first national railway system in the world to fully function on wind energy!